Bridgestone Battlax S22 Motorcycle Sports Tyre
The aim of the Battlax S22 is to allow riders to experience the full extent of their bike’s performance on the road (and in fairness, they’ll be more than up to the odd track day as well!)
Bridgestone engineers have adopted a brand new tread pattern design for several reasons:
- Firstly, they have increased the Land/Sea ratio in the shoulder area, offering increased amounts of edge grip and reducing slippage towards the end of the contact area.
- Secondly, the angle and alignment of tread grooves have been altered to re-distribute the working forces across the tyre. This makes for light handling, improved feedback, and optimal water drainage when riding in the wet.
The rear tyre continues to use Bridgestone’s unique 5-Layer Compound structure, with the very softest compound found right at the edge for maximum cornering grip. The use of 5LC makes for more progressive handling, while retaining a harder central band for durability.
Chemists have worked on a brand new compound mix, using fine silica molecules across the central area, which has led to a 25% increase in the amount of silica touching the road surface when compared with the S21. Silica is great for boosting grip levels in both cold and wet conditions.
On track testing by Bridgestone at Autopolis, Japan on a BMW S1000RR showed a 15% increase in dry cornering speed when compared with the current Battlax S21, which saw lap times fall by 1.2%. Increased wet grip saw these comparative lap times fall by 5%.
- The front tyre has 2 different compounds in 3 zones
- The rear tyre has 3 different compounds in 5 zones
- High silica compound in the centre for great wet or cold weather grip
- High carbon black content on the edges for superior grip when conditions are warm and dry.
- Revised tread pattern for improved wear characteristics.
We do offer a drive in, drive out fitting service by appointment at very reasonable rates for tyres supplied by us. Call for details
Tel: 0800 0523146